ErrataThe book has now been published and the content of this chapter has likely changed substanstially.
The following errata have been noted in the first and second printings:
- On page li (in 'Refactoring a Test') "Complex Teardown (see Obscure Test)" should be "Complex Teardown (see Conditional Test Logic)".
- On page liii in the code where we introduce registration of test objects, there are three statements that read "registerTestObject(shippingAddress);" The first is correct. The second should be "registerTestObject(product);" and the third (last) one should be "registerTestObject(invoice);"
- On page 69 in the text immediately following figure 6.8, swap the two parts of the sentence so that the reference to the left side of the diagram is first. That is, replace "In Figure 6.8, the test on the right uses a Mock Object that stands in for the DOC as the observation point. The test on the left uses a Test Stub that stands in for the DOC as a control point." with "In Figure 6.8, the test on the left uses a Test Stub that stands in for the DOC as a control point. The test on the right uses a Mock Object that stands in for the DOC as the observation point."
- On page 305, "We reuse the design of the text fixture across the many tests" should be "We reuse the design of the test fixture across the many tests."
- On pages 379, 381, 386 and 389 in XUnit Basics Patterns, the figure captions are missing:
- 379 - Graphical Test Runner from JUnit plug-in for Eclipse Java IDE
- 381 - JUnit's Test Tree Explorer shown inside Eclipse Java IDE
- 386 - A suite of Test Case Objects shown in the JUnit's Test Tree Explorer
- 389 - A Test Suite Object as viewed in JUnit's Test Tree Explorer
- On page 745 (In appendix B - xUnit Terminology), the version # for MbUnit should be 2.0+, not 2.0. That is, "MbUnit 2.0" should be "MbUnit 2.0+".
- On page 749 "The xUnit family member for the C# programming language." should be replaced with "Another member of the xUnit family for the .NET programming languages." The MbUnit website reads as "http://www.nunit.orgmbunit.com" when it should read "http://www.mbunit.com"
- The URL for AbapUnit has changed to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a2/8a1b602e858645b8aac1559b638ea4/frameset.htm.
- The URL for ABAP Objects Unit has changed to http://bi.offis.de/publicProject/g16cglafhqva.htm.
These should be corrected in the third printing (March 2009).
Copyright © 2003-2008 Gerard Meszaros all rights reserved