Gerard's Papers, Classes and Tutorials
My most widely-known work is my book, "xUnit Test Patterns - Refactoring Test Code" which you can learn more about by clicking on the "Home" link at the top of this page. I have also contributed chapters to a number of other books including:
- Object Technology Centers of Excellence
- Pattern Languages of Program Design
- Pattern Languages of Program Design 2
Over the years I have authored a number of papers and experience reports on patterns, automated unit testing and incorporating usability (UxD) practices into agile projects. I'm working on getting a full list of the papers complete with downloadable PDFs available here.
In 2010, I presented two sessions at Agile 2010 in Orlando and two at Agile Vancouver's Much Ado About Agile 2010. I also presented a tutorial at Splash 2010, the rebranded OOPSLA conference.
At Agile 2007 and at the Americas SAP User Group conference in 2008 I presented an experience report on doing full-blown agile development in SAP's ABAP programming language. See http://AgileErpPaper.gerardmeszaros.com for the Agile 2007 paper, http://AgileErpSlides.gerardmeszaros.com for the Agile 2007 slides and http://asug2008paper.gerardmeszaros.com for the ASUG slides.
In 2008 I was involved in 3 sessions at Agile 2008:
- xUnit Test Patterns and Smells - half-day tutorial
- From Concept to Product Backlog - What happens before Iteration 0? - 90 minute tutorial
- Cowboys & Indians - Impacts of Cultural Diversity on Agile Teams - Experience Report
I also presented two tutorials and a track session at StarEast 2008:
- Test Automation Patterns - Best Practices and Common Pitfalls - half-day tutorial focussing on the test patterns and smells as they apply to functional test automation - http://StarEastTutorial.xunitpatterns.com
- Improving Testing's Value through Customer Collaboration - half-day tutorial http://StarEastCollaborationTutorial.gerardmeszaros.com
- For Success, Build Record & Playback into Your Application - 60 minute class http://BuiltinRecordAndPlayback.xunitpatterns.com
Some of my more recent papers include:
- http://PatternWritingPatterns.gerardmeszaros.com presented at the Pattern Languages of Programs (PLoP) 1995 conference.
- http://TestAutomationManifesto.gerardmeszaros.com - presented at XPAu 2004.
- http://IntroToUserStoriesSlides.gerardmeszaros.com - presented as part of the Intro to Agile" track at Agile 2006.
I present a half or full day tutorial based on my book at various conferences and I can do the same at your place if business if you want to bring me in house. I can also do training on:
- Agile Requirements (User Stories or Features) and Estimation
- Conducting Project, Release, Milestone or Iteration Retrospectives
- Capturing knowledge as Patterns and Pattern Languages
Copyright © 2003-2008 Gerard Meszaros all rights reserved